Ja Rule’s Island Disaster

Ja Rule and fellow Fyre Festival organizer Billy McFarland were pictured for the first time since their luxury music event in the Bahamas ended in chaos this weekend – and asked for sympathy for THEM.

The business partners left their Tribeca office on Monday afternoon after spending a short amount of time inside. The office appeared to be completely empty. ‘We are going through a lot right now and we are truly sorry,’ Ja Rule told DailyMail.com. McFarland added: ‘Thank you so much.’ The duo are now facing being sued for $100 million by a festival goer for ‘significant emotional pain and suffering’. They are also under financial pressure as they have promised to refund all those who bought tickets for the event in the Bahamas – but that has yet to happen.

Rule, real name Jeffrey Atkins, told DailyMail.com that refunds were on the way. ‘We will refund everybody’s money,’ he said. ‘I’m just so disappointed and I’m disappointed for all those people. I wanted this to be an amazing event. We wanted this to be an amazing event.’

Neither McFarland, previously a tech entrepreneur, or Rule, 41, had been seen since the festival went from the promised glamour and luxury to what were compared to ‘refugee camp’ conditions. As well as the embarrassment, they now face legal action, with one attendee claiming the disastrous island event left him with ‘significant emotional pain and suffering’.