White House: No, the Mysterious Objects Shot Down Are Not Aliens

by

FILE - In this image provided by the FBI, FBI special agents assigned to the evidence response team process material recovered from the high altitude balloon recovered off the coast of South Carolina, Feb. 9, 2023, at the FBI laboratory in Quantico, Va. The United States on Friday, Feb. 10 blacklisted six Chinese entities it said were linked to Beijing's aerospace programs as part of its retaliation over an alleged Chinese spy balloon that traversed the country's airspace. (FBI via AP, File)
Reading Time: < 1 minute

The White House is dismissing speculation that the unidentified objects recently shot down over Alaska, Canada, and Michigan have extraterrestrial origins. The White House press secretary, Karine Jean-Pierre, said there’s no indication the objects have something to do with aliens.

“Wanted to make sure that the American people knew that, all of you knew that. And it was important for us to say that from here because we’ve been hearing a lot about it. There is no, again, no indication of aliens or extraterrestrial activity with these recent takedowns,” Jean-Pierre said.

While that comment caught quite a bit of chuckles, National Security Council spokesman John Kirby did say crews are still trying to recover the debris from the objects to learn more about their capabilities and where they came from.

He added that they were different from the Chinese surveillance balloon that moved over the US earlier this month. He said the objects had no signs of propulsion and weren’t sending any communication signals. They also flew at lower altitudes.


Click play to listen to the report from AURN White House Correspondent Ebony McMorris. For more news, follow @E_N_McMorris & @aurnonline.

advanced divider
advanced divider
Advertisement